2000 Diapers and Counting!

2000 Diapers and Counting!

Evie Hoff, 2017, Staff

During the week of November 8, the OLSH Students for Life will be sponsoring a diaper drive. All donations will go to Genesis House, a residence in Bellevue, PA that provides a loving home for pregnant women 18 years old or older who are in need of shelter. “Being an advocate in the pro-life movement means more than just advocating against abortion, although that’s extremely important- we have to look at the root causes of why so many women in crisis pregnancies feel the need to end their child’s life” says Religion teacher Mrs. Stuvek. “For many women, it’s a lack of resources and very legitimate fears of caring for another human life without the support structure of family and friends. To that end, it is crucial for pro-lifers to support organizations like Genesis, who directly help mothers throughout their pregnancies and early days of child-rearing. Our goal is not just to overturn Roe v Wade, but also to eliminate the perceived utility of abortion in our culture.”
The diaper drive is from Monday, November 9 to Friday, November 13. On that Friday, the end of the drive will be celebrated by a Pro Life Movie Night in the OLSH auditorium. Students for Life will be showing the film Little Boy, which follows the adventures of a misfit boy living during World War II who is devastated when he figures out that his father must leave to fight the Japanese. Be prepared for next week, and show your support for OLSH Students for Life!